Terms & Conditions
By working with Bednarik Irrigation, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions.
Sprinkler Installation Terms
Our trenching and pipe-pulling equipment may damage existing lawns and small tree roots during the installation process. We do our best to minimize lawn damage and work around large (obvious) tree roots, but it’s often hard to completely avoid it. The lawn will typically recover within 4-6 weeks with regular watering, and fertilization, but sometimes re-seeding or re-sodding may be necessary in areas. Lawn and tree damage is not covered under our warranty.
Public & Private Utilities
We will arrange a public utility locate through Colorado 811 about a week prior to your install. The locate will include water, gas, power, telephone and cable that comes from the street to your house. This does NOT include any private utilities on your property, such as electrical feeds to out-buildings, outlets in your yard, underground propane, etc. Customer is responsible for locating any of these private utilities before work begins. We are not responsible for damage to unmarked or mis-marked utilities. In the event that we hit a public utility (usually phone or cable), while performing the installation, we will notify you immediately and arrange for all repairs through the appropriate utility company.
We frequently experience weather delays in Colorado, particularly in the wet spring months. It is very difficult to do this type of work in wet conditions because the ground becomes too soft (muddy) to operate equipment. We often have to delay a project from 1-5 days to give the ground time to dry. In these cases, we ask for your patience and will stay in frequent contact with you as we monitor site conditions. Rest assured that you will not lose your position in our schedule queue. Property Access We may need access to your crawl space/basement and/or garage during the installation, so we can install your controller and access the system water shut off. If you will not be home during your installation day(s), please arrange for someone to be available that does have access and can allow us in. We will be happy to coordinate this with you to limit any inconvenience.
We may need access to your crawl space/basement and/or garage during the installation, so we can install your controller and access the system water shut off. If you will not be home during your installation day(s), please arrange for someone to be available that does have access and can allow us in. We will be happy to coordinate this with you to limit any inconvenience.
During your installation, we will need a safe and legal place to park our truck(s), trailer(s) and equipment. If parking is limited or requires permits, please let us know prior to your installation so we can explore our options.
If your yard has limited or difficult access, we may need to remove a gate or take a panel of your fence down in order to get our equipment into the yard. We will reassemble your fence or gate exactly as it was taken down. In the rare event that we are unable to reassemble the fence/gate, we will hire a contractor of our choosing to make the repairs.
We carry all required insurance, including a $2,000,000 liability insurance policy through The Hartford, Commercial Auto Insurance through State Farm and Workers Compensation Insurance through The Hartford. Please let us know if you’d like us to send you proof of insurance coverage prior to work commencing.
We require a 50% deposit at the time we agree to work together. We are unable to schedule your project until this has been taken care of. The balance is due upon completion, at the time of your final walk-through. We accept cash, check, and credit card payments.
Your estimate is valid for 3 months. If you decide to hold off on your project, we reserve the right to make seasonal price adjustments to your original estimate.
All of our new installations include a 1-year warranty from your project completion date. The warranty includes all materials and workmanship. Your warranty is conditional on us performing your sprinkler winterization (October) and sprinkler activation (April/May). We can extend your warranty for up to 5 years as long as we complete the seasonal maintenance.
Cancellation / Rescheduling
We allow cancellation of your project and refund of deposit anytime within 2-weeks (14 days) of the original scheduled start date, minus any associated merchant fees. Cancellation attempts with insufficient notice will be subject to forfeiture of some or all of your deposit, at our management’s discretion. This policy has been developed to protect our team from financial hardship. Short notice cancellations do not allow us the time we need to move up existing projects in our queue, coordinate new projects, reschedule utility locates, etc. This often results in forced days off for our install team. We’d love to avoid this so please keep us informed of any scheduling changes you might need to make, as soon as humanly possible.
Maintenance Plan Terms
Our plans offer customers the peace of mind that their lawn sprinkler system is working efficiently all year, while saving money by bundling services. Plans are customizable and may include spring start-up, winterization, backflow testing, mid-season check-ups, discounts on parts/other services, and more.
You can read more about our plans here: Sprinkler System Maintenance Membership Plans
By signing up for one of our plans you acknowledge and agree to the following definitions, terms and conditions.
- Damaged systems – Your system must be in functioning order before signing up for a maintenance package. Systems in need of major repairs may not be eligible until they are repaired.
- Auto-Billing – You must prepay and/or keep a credit card on file for auto-billing. If you pre-pay, your card will be billed annually on your anniversary date for the full package amount. If you pay-as-you-go (card on file), your card will only be charged for each service it is completed.
- Electronic Communication – You must keep an email and cellular phone number on file for service confirmations, reminders, billing and general plan communications.
- Two Year Price Lock – Your price is locked for the first 2 seasons, as long as your account remains in good standing. After year two, your price will automatically increase annually to the current year’s rates (increases are typically 4-6% annually). The 2-year price lock is only valid once per property, per customer.
- Priority Scheduling / Full Management – Our team will contact you when it’s time to schedule your regular services so you do not have to remember. In the event that you require a service call between your regular visits, we will fit you into the schedule with a higher priority level than regular customers. This may be before or after regular hours, or on weekends.
- No-Freeze-Damage Guarantee – We offer a no-freeze damage guarantee that is conditional on us winterizing your system in the fall, before the first freeze, and performing your sprinkler start-up the following spring after the last freeze. If freeze-related damage is found in spring, that is not due to late winterizations, early start-ups, existing damage, lack of blowout port, inadequate drainage, or faulty components, we will repair damage at no cost to you. Please contact us with questions or visit our website for a full freeze damage warranty disclaimer.
- Safe-Water Assurance – By having a back-flow test performed annually you will have the piece-of-mind that your sprinkler system is not cross-contaminating your drinking water. If your backflow does not pass it’s annual test, we will provide repair options and re-test at no charge, after repairs are made. Note: Backflow test is optional.
- System Efficiency Assessment – Every new customer will receive a system efficiency assessment in the spring to help them identify ways to improve the efficiency of their irrigation system.
- Backflow Test – The optional backflow test is for each 1″ or smaller irrigation device on the property (PVB or RP). If you have more than one device, please let us know.
- Cancellation – In the event that you cancel your plan mid-season, you will be charged an early termination fee of $69, in addition to any discounts you may have received on previously performed work. There is no charge for cancellation between seasons (12 month cycle). Please provide notice of your intent to cancel at least 14 days before your next scheduled appointment by email.
- No Show Fee – Please provide us with at least 24 hours notice in the event that you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. In the event that you are not home for your scheduled appointment, your account will be subject to a $69 “no-show” fee. Someone must be home for your service, under most circumstances, unless other arrangements have been made with us prior to your service.
Sprinkler Blowout Terms
Here are some things you need to know when working with us for your annual sprinkler blowout. If you have ANY questions, please contact us BEFORE scheduling:
CANCELLATION POLICY – There will be a $69 (2023) fee charged for appointments canceled with less than 24 hours notice. Someone must be home for your appointment unless we have made other arrangement with you before hand. If you are not home during your appointment window, it will be treated as a cancellation.
ARRIVAL WINDOWS – We will provide you an approximate arrival time that falls within 1 of 4 appointment windows (7am-10am, 10am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, 4pm-7pm). For example, an appointment booked with an approximate arrival time of 11:30am means the technician has from 10:00am to 1:00pm to arrive. The winterization can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes after the technician has arrived. If we are running outside our arrival window, we will contact you to let you know and to discuss options.
PAYMENT TERMS – Payments are due before (pre-payment) or at the time of service. We accept cash, check or credit. We do not offer billing terms unless approved prior to scheduling. We reserve the right to charge a $25 collection fee for all payments not made at the time of service. Late payments are subject to an additional 1.5% interest, per month, until paid.
REFUNDS – If you have pre-paid for your blowout, and cancel 24 hours or more before your appointment, you will receive a full refund.
ACCESS TO PROPERTY – We will need to access the water shut-off and the controller for the sprinkler system during your appointment. This will require entry into your home (most cases). If no one is home for your appointment, and you have not shut-off/drained your water, it will be treated as a cancellation.
WIFI CONTROLLER – If your property is equipped with a Rachio wi-fi enabled smart controller, please share Complete Access to “[email protected]” prior to your appointment.
WEATHER DELAYS – If there is too much snow on the ground, on the day/time of your appointment, we may need to reschedule. We also occasionally need to reschedule due to extremely low temperatures that cause ice build-up in your pipes. If either of these occurs, we will contact you with further instructions.
ELECTRONIC COMMINICATION – You must keep an email and cellular phone number on file for service confirmations, reminders, billing and general communications.
NO-FREEZE GUARANTEE – We offer a no-freeze damage guarantee that is conditional on us winterizing (shutting off, draining, and blowing out) your system in the fall (early-to-mid October), BEFORE THE FIRST FREEZE, and performing your sprinkler start-up the following spring (late-April to early-May) AFTER THE LAST FREEZE. If freeze-related damage is found, that is not due to the following examples, we will repair the damage at no cost to you. Please contact us for further details.
Examples of scenarios that may void our Guarantee:
- A blowout that occurs after the first recorded freeze.
- Customer that shuts off and drains water into property themself.
- Customer that performs their own start-up the next spring, following the blowout.
- Inadequate or improper gravity drainage points.
- Faulty shut-off valves that seep water out slowly, after the main shut-off valve has been turned off.
- Water that is accidentally turned on by customers, after blowout is complete.
- Components that are not functioning at the time of your blowout.
Read our full No-Freeze-Damage Terms here: